Sunday, February 5, 2023

Worry is a SIN!

 Happy Sunday!

"Will all your worries add a single moment to your life?"(Matthew 6:27 Living Bible)Don't miss this question!  Please stop and read it again!  Jesus asked this question so it has to be important and relevant.  Worrying is useless.  Worrying is a SIN!  OK, I know what your thinking!  Cynthia you've gone too far!  How do you come up with this stuff?  LOL!  Well, I get it straight from the BIBLE. Let me ask a question.  If Jesus tells us not to do something, but we do it anyway...is that SIN?  Do you need a moment?  I'll wait, but not too long.  Jesus said, "So I tell you, DON'T WORRY about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it."(Matthew 6:25 Easy-to-Read Version).  Looks like Jesus said not to worry.The Apostle Peter echoed this, "Casting the whole of your care all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully."(1 Peter 5:7 Amplified).  When we worry we are doubting God.  It's almost like calling God a liar.  BUT we know He never lies, and there is no evil in Him at all!  Romans 3:4 says, "Though everyone else in the world is a liar, God is not. Do you remember what the book of Psalms says about this? That God’s words will ALWAYS prove true and right, no matter who questions them."(Living Bible).Jesus said, "Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and MANIFEST myself to him.”(John 14:21 ESV).  That's GOOD News!  The Psalmist told us how to fight the urge to worry, "Thy WORD have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."(Psalm 119:11 KJV).Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment