Sunday, April 2, 2023

‘‘Tis So Sweet

 Happy Sunday!

"In face of all this, what is there left to say? If God is for us, who can be against us? He that did not hesitate to spare his own Son but gave him up for us all—can we not TRUST such a God to give us, with him, everything else that we can need?"(Romans 8:32 Phillips).

I love the song, "’Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus"!  Are you familiar with it?  The lyrics are, "'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to take Him at His Word, Just to rest upon His promise, Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord".  Don't miss this!  Trusting God means trusting his Word!  It's like getting a certified letter from the IRS.  You can basically trust that its legitimate and requires immediate attention.  2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."(KJV).

What scripture are you standing on?  I remember when 2 Corinthians 9:8 first exploded in my spirit.  Pastor Loren Burris was ministering in Cahokia, IL.  I've read and studied the Bible but that day this scripture came alive to me.  I literally said to myself, "Is that in there? Is this true?"  It says, "God can bless you with everything you need, and you will always have more than enough to do all kinds of good things for others."(CEV).  At that moment, I was a financial mess.  You know "living just enough for the city". LOL!  But that scripture gave me hope.  I began to quote it and now without any effort I have everything I need and more than enough to give to others!

The Bible is God's Love Letter to you.  He loves you more than anyone one else can.  He's concerned about you!  He wants the best for you!  BUT he won't force it on you, and you have a part to play.  Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."(KJV).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment