Sunday, April 23, 2023

What Do You Desire?

Happy Sunday!

Psalm 37:4 says, "Do what the Lord wants, and he will give you your heart's desire."(CEV).Dr. Bill Winston once said, "What you don't DESIRE, you don't deserve!"  Let that sink in for a moment.  Read it again if you need to!  I know a few indecisive people.  Maybe you do too.  You take them to a restaurant and it takes forever for them to decide what they want.  I, on the other hand, have certain favorites at most of my regularly visited eateries.  I laugh with my daughters any time we enter a Drive-Thru.  I expect you to have your desired items identified and ready by the time I get to the speaker to order.  If you can't make up your mind, the next time you will go inside to order!The Word of God tells us if we delight ourselves in the Lord He will give us the desires of our heart.  Sure, He can read our minds.  Psalm 94:11 says, "The Lord knows what people are thinking.  He knows that their thoughts are like a puff of wind."(Easy-to-Read Version).  BUT he wants us to be clear about what we want.  Jesus said, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."(Matthew 7:7-8 KJV).The Widow in 2 Kings 4:1-7 came to the Prophet for help.  Her husband died and she was left in debt.  Her sons were going to be taken into slavery to pay the debt.  The Prophet asked her what she had in the house.  You know the story.  All she had was a little jar of oil.  She desired to be out of debt, and she desired to keep her sons free.  She was willing to LISTEN and OBEY the instructions of the prophet.  He told her to borrow as many vessels as she could from her neighbors, close the door behind her, and pour oil in the vessels.  Miraculously, the little jar of oil filled every vessel until the last vessel was full.  Then the Prophet instructed her to sell the oil, pay her debts, and LIVE off the rest!What do you Desire?  Jesus often asked people what did they desire or want before he healed them.  For example, in Mark 10:51, "Jesus asked, “What do you want me to do for you?" The blind man answered, “Master, I want to see!”(CEV).  I used to attend Prayer Band meetings with my Mother-in-Law, Minnie Pruitt.  We would sing a catchy song.  It said, "Any way you bless me Lord, I'll be satisfied!"  Sounded right, but it's full of unbelief!  We are very blessed in the USA, but we are not always satisfied.   God cares enough about you to give you what you desire. He doesn't force you to accept what I desire.  You are unique.  You are designed by God.  You may look like other people, but you are not them.  You are You.Mark 11:24 says, "So listen to what I’m saying: Whatever you pray for or ask from God, believe that you’ll receive it and you will."(Voice).Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment