Sunday, May 5, 2024

The Easy Answer

 Happy Sunday!

"Your WORDS are what sustain me; they are food to my hungry soul. They bring joy to my sorrowing heart and delight me. How proud I am to bear your name, O Lord."(Jeremiah 15:16 Living Bible).

I watched a Bible College graduation this evening.  The Valedictorian mentioned how one of the Pastors often encouraged them that the Word of God is the answer to any question, conundrum, or issue.  She recalled thinking, "It can't be that simple!"  But over the last few years she found that it is very simple!  It seems too easy, too good to be true!  It seems as if there should be 50 Steps to a Good Life, or an overwhelmingly hard process but it's not!  The Prophet Jeremiah knew it, King David knew it, and Jesus knew it!  My Mother-in-Law Minnie Pruitt used to say, "The Word is SO simple a child can understand it and a fool has no reason or excuse for error!"

The Psalmist said, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."(Psalm 119:11 KJV).  The Living Bible version of this scripture says it this way, "I have THOUGHT much about your words and STORED them in my heart so that they would hold me back from sin."((Psalm 119:11 Living Bible).  Jesus said, "It is the Spirit Who gives life [He is the Life-giver]; the flesh conveys no benefit whatever [there is no profit in it]. The WORDS (truths) that I have been speaking to you are spirit and life."(John 6:63 Amplified).

Think of it this way, if you have a prescription drug or a supplement it will do you no good if it stays in the bottle.  You have to open the bottle, and take it regularly.  Some medications must be taken BID(Twice Daily) or TID(Three Times a Day).  What would your Dr. say if you decided to take the medicine your own way?  He may be speaking at your funeral if you decide to do it anyway you like!  The Bible says, "My son, pay attention to what I say. Listen closely to my WORDS. Don’t let them out of your sight. Never stop thinking about them. These WORDS are the Secret of Life and Health to all who discover them. Above all, be careful what you THINK because your thoughts control your life."(Proverbs 4:20-23 Easy-to-Read Version).

What Word are you standing on this week?  I have so many, but one of my favorites is, "God can bless you with everything you need, and you will always have more than enough to do all kinds of good things for others."(2 Corinthians 9:8 CEV).

Love and prayers, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment